Submissions are currently closed.
Any submissions received during this time may not be reviewed.
We accept submissions in the following genres:
Children’s Educational Fiction
- We prefer Children's Educational Fiction that is not overly preachy. Please write for children, not to them.
- We are well read in Science Fiction and Fantasy. As fans of the genre, some of our favorite authors to read include: George R. R. Martin, Anne McCaffrey, Patrick Rothfuss, and Brent Weeks. We have also enjoyed reading series by Sara Douglass and Michelle West. As you can see, we prefer three-dimensional characters and strong female characters. This does not mean that the lead character needs to be female.
- We are not interested in a few fantasy niches in particular. These include: vampires, zombies, and horror.
Steps to submit your work:
- Complete your book and edit it or have it edited.
- Submit a 1-page query letter.* Be sure to be very deliberate when writing your query letter. This will be our first impression of you. Whether or not we request your manuscript, an agent will respond to you by mail. We recommend reading How to Write a Great Query Letter, by Noah Lukeman.
- If an agent requests a manuscript, please submit the entire manuscript.* Your manuscript will be reviewed and discussed by our team, and the process will proceed as outlined in the FAQ section.
Some important things to note:
Please do not submit your manuscript unless we have requested it.
Please do not send pictures, money, or gifts with your query letter or manuscript. They will not be returned and your letter or manuscript will not be considered.
All submissions, letters, or manuscripts become the property of SES Agency, LLC, and will not be returned to you.
Your submission of a query letter or manuscript does not guarantee that SES Agency, LLC, will represent you or accept you as a client. A representative of SES will respond by mail letting you know of SES Agency’s decision on whether or not to represent you or to accept you as a client.
*All manuscripts must be double-spaced, using 12-point, Times New Roman font, with one-inch margins, and must be accompanied by a self-addressed stamped envelope. Query letters should be typed first in a word processing program, ensuring that they meet with the above manuscript guidelines, and then pasted into the body of an email. Email attachments will not be opened. Please type "Query" in the subject line.
Email queries to:
Mail manuscripts to:
SES Agency, LLC
P.O. Box 606
South Bend, Indiana 46624